Thursday, February 05, 2015

5 on the Fifth - Favorite Blog Posts - February 2015



Participating in the Five on the 5th has been a real blessing to me.  Knowing that I'll be sharing five blog posts with you each month forces me to pay closer attention to what I am reading every day.  I am more thoughtful about what I share on a day to day basis, and I ponder what I've read for a longer period of time.  Being more aware helps me to get more out of what I read and make connections between the various sources of information that cross my path each and every day.

This month I seem to be focused on just what it means to be a homeschooler and all the positive things it brings into our lives.  Lots of serendipity happening over here at The Zoo Crew.


Have you ever thought about all the good about homeschooling?  It's been heavy on my mind this month, and look what I stumbled across.  Here are 100 good reasons!




This is VERY exciting for me!  This gentleman actually invented a font that is easier for people with dyslexia to read.  This has wonderful implications.  We currently don't have anyone struggling with dyslexia in our home, but I can't help but wonder how different things could have been for my brother had something like this been around when he was younger.





This is a very well written post that was shared by a good friend on our local homeschool group's facebook page.  Conviction vs. Condemnation gives us great insight as to the source of our feelings.  Very thought provoking.



I absolutely love this post!  What a great reminder for us about where our worth really comes from and where we should be measuring our motherhood.





Lastly, our local homeschool group has started a new blog post series titled A Day in the Life where local families share what a typical day in their homeschool looks like.  Such a fun idea!





5 on the Fifth

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...