Thursday, July 17, 2014

The Irish Princess - a novel

I have made a concerted effort to spend more time reading, and I have been thoroughly enjoying it.  I am a major bookworm, and I found myself swept up in the throws of life.  This left me with the perception that I just had no time to read.  Well, I missed it greatly.  It was like a longing in my heart.  I cannot imagine life without books.

Most of the books I read are educational in one way or another; not by preference, but by necessity.  Or, at least my perceived notion that I need to be reading books about teaching, parenting, home schooling, education, and on and on.  However, I love to read fiction, and every now and then I have to remind myself to read a novel.  I mentioned The Irish Princess by Mickey Clement in a previous post.  I finally finished it, and I am so glad I didn't give up on reading it.

I have a strong Irish heritage, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading about The Malloy clan, an Irish-American family living in Troy, New York in the 1960's.  It didn't take me long to get into the flow of Mickey Clement's approach to the telling of their story.  After a while I rather enjoyed learning more about the happenings of the Malloy family from the perspective of each of the family members.  Toward the end I couldn't put the book down.  I was anxious to learn how the story ended.  It was invigorating.  I missed that feeling a lot.  Now, my radar is peaked looking for the next novel to read.  There's just something about summer and a good book.  What are you reading this summer?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh! I too am a former bookworm with no time to read for fun. It frustrates me! I will add this one to my list though!

Unknown said...

I love to read too but can rarely find the time! I will add this book to my list.

Kym said...

Sounds like a good book. :-) We have some Irish heritage too - well, my DH does. I'm pinning this to my "to read" book list!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...