Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Motivated Moms Review

Motivated Moms Review

Motivated Moms is a chore planning system developed by moms with a desire to dedicate their daily lives to more than just cleaning the house.  It has evolved over time and is now available in several formats.  I chose to use the 2014 Full Size Motivated Moms Chore Planner in Color.  It has been very useful in helping me maintain what little of my sanity remains with all of this shuffling around of our space we have done over the past couple of years.  

Recently, I found myself VERY overwhelmed by the amount of tasks needing my attention in my home.  Due to children moving in and out, and the dynamics of our family changing, we have seen rooms moved more than I can remember in the short two-and-a-half years we have been in our new home.  This has caused my brain to scramble in regard to remembering where things are and being able to set things up efficiently and in a logical, "makes sense to me" fashion.  Add to that our head first plunge into homeschooling, and my brain was about set to short-circuit.

The Motivated Moms eBook is SUPER SIMPLE to use.  It is easy to keep things that need my attention sorted out in logical and non-stressful manner.  I use the eBook by printing out two weeks at a time, the current week and the following week.  Each week is contained on a single page.  That's about all the advanced planning I am capable of at the moment.  I review the chores and tasks laid out on the page.  I cross off ones that don't apply to me, add what might be unique to my week or family, and designate by initial any chores or tasks that belong to someone else.

Motivated Moms Review

Using the Motivated Moms eBook has enabled me to find the time to tackle the tremendous reorganization of my home that is so desperately needed while simply balancing the normal, day to day duties of maintaining my home in a properly functioning fashion.  I don't have to waste my time making my list of chores and tasks that need my attention.  With a quick edit to the weekly page from my 2014 Full Size Motivated Moms Chore Planner in Color I am all set for my week with time to easily complete large organizational projects and small, daily tasks in an efficient and productive manner.

Motivated Moms eBooks, and apps for iPhone/iPod/iPad and Android, are simple to use, easy to download, and affordable.  You can quickly download the eBook for just $8 or use one of the apps for an entire year for just $7.99, or pay a monthly fee of $.99 if you'd like to give it a try before you commit.  When using the app version of the planner you can fully customize your chores and tasks by eliminating items that don't apply to you or adding items that are not listed.  You can even assign tasks to individuals and have them via email.  The iOS version of the app does have a more varied capability than the Android version, but both are extremely flexible and user friendly.

Motivated Moms Review

Although the Motivated Moms Chore Planner is specifically designed for moms, it can benefit anyone in the family.  My resident eight-year-old loves the planner.  I keep ours hanging on the refrigerator for quick reference.  We used to list her daily tasks on a small marker board.  Per her request, we have quit using it and rely solely on the Motivated Moms printout.  The younger kids, ages three and four, have even gotten involved with the daily tasks.  I was struggling to incorporate them into our routine and find personal duties that they could be responsible for.  My four-year-old is VERY proud that he is now in charge of refilling the spare toilet paper holders.  The three-year-old is our resident pet feeder.  Both very important tasks.

The Motivated Moms Chore Planner has taken a load off my shoulders.  It is helping us reclaim our space while simply maintaining our home and creating time for larger projects.  This simple and logical approach makes the care and keeping of our home a much more doable and much less stressful task.

Motivated Moms can also be found on Facebook and Twitter.



Click to read Crew Reviews
Crew Disclaimer

3 comments:

A Rup Life said...

I think hanging on the fridge daily is a good idea. Out of sight out of mind... lol!

Pebblekeeper ~ Angie said...

I think I need to download the one month option and see how it works for me on the Kindle!

Tina @ The Zoo Crew said...

Lisa - My eight year old is so excited about this. It is new, but she actually self-motivates with the list. And, it is even helping her with her reading. Bonus!

Angie - The Android version was not an option for me, but it is very appealing. I just wonder if I would forget about it on there and thereby not do it. I am still such a pen-to-paper kind of person. I'd be interested in hearing how it works for you should you decide to try it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...